Sunday, October 23, 2016

If The World Went Vegan...

I don't know a whole lot of vegans. I only know three other vegans in my whole city - I only talk to one on a regular basis. I only know two vegan adults, apart from the Instagram-famous chefs I follow. I've only been to three restaurants in my whole life and one vegan festival. For people like myself, a vegan future is the only possible solution to all the world's problems.

When I think of a vegan world, I think of smiling faces (human and non-human) and peace. Lots and lots of peace. People might fight over the last Oreo (yes, they're vegan...) or the last baked kale chip. People might argue about which vegan idol would win a fight - Wacka Flocka Flame or Liam Hemsworth. But I believe that the root of all evil, is the idea of killing. Of taking someone's life to benefit your own. To prove your worthiness. To prove your power.

Veganism isn't just taking animals off the menu and avoiding leather like the plague. Veganism is the motive for deeper thinking, beyond our plates and food systems. It's about collaboration, heroism, love, peace, empathy, and compassion. In my future posts, I want to explore my thoughts, ideas, worries, hopes, dreams, and struggles to survive in an omnivore world - and thrive in a vegan world. What would you do if the world went vegan? 

No comments:

Post a Comment